As you may have experienced in the past few months, interest in eBooks and eReaders have exploded! You’ve probably heard about eReaders and maybe even had a customer or two asking questions about Digital Downloads.
Organizational Development with the assistance of some subject matter experts (SMEs) have created the EReader Learning Road Map. This road map is to help you become familiar with the technology so you can start to assist customers.
We’ve focused on three things:
- what staff should know about eReaders
- what staff should be able to do eReaders
- how staff can help customers with eReaders.
A lot of information is available about eReaders and Digital Downloads and it can be overwhelming to find the information when you most need it. We will link to information we have available throughout these blog posts.
I came across this entry from the WikiMart (accessible from the staff intranet computers) and thought it was very insightful. We all need to keep these things in mind:
- It is OK to feel overwhelmed by all of this. We all do!
- We are all in this together.
- We are the information people, not the “fix it” people.
- Helping customers with eReaders and eBooks is going to take an initial investment of time.
- Nobody is expecting you to know everything there is to know about eReaders and eBooks. It’s OK to not know.
I encourage you to read the full entry.
What’s next? Get started on your eReader Learning Road Map by viewing the next post. All these posts will be linked in order on Learner Web. There are quizzes to test your knowledge along the way.
We hope this road map helps develop your understanding of eReaders.